The leadership of St. Luke A.M.E. church is excited to welcome you back for in-person worship services! Our greatest concern and priority are the health and safety every person who steps unto our property, and those who participates in any in-person meeting, worship experience or activity on the campus. Our staff is continually working to provide an environment where everyone be and feel safe while here.
We also realize not all our members and friends are comfortable returning to the campus currently. However, for those that are willing to return, we want you to be aware of the safety protocols we have put in place for your safety to stave off the spread of the COVID-19 virus and all its many variants.
For persons visiting the campus:
- Face masks are required to be always worn
- Every person’s temperature will be checked prior to entry into the building
- Face masks must cover the nose and continue under the chin
- Proper social distance must be always maintained
- If you are feeling ill, please refrain from coming to the church facility
For In-Person Services:
- Sunday Worship service will start at 10:30 am
- Each attendee must adhere to the requirements provided for visiting the campus
- All socializing must be done in the parking lot and not inside the building
- You do not have to notify the church of your intention to attend Worship services
- Church services will be tailored to last no more than ninety (90) minutes
COVID-19 Screening Expectation:
- Upon entering the building, each person will undergo a temperature scan. Anyone with a temperature reading above 100 will not be allowed to enter.
- Masks must always be worn and must cover both your mouth and nose
Social Distancing Measures:
Seating – Persons will be seated in the sanctuary by the ushers. Persons will be seated to maintain social distancing
- The occupancy of the sanctuary has been reduced to a maximum of 125 persons
- Socially distant overflow seating will be made available in the event the sanctuary capacity is exceeded
- Online Giving is still available at Tithe.ly. Search for St. Luke AME Church.
- During Worship Services offering will be deposited in the receptacles provided at the rear of the sanctuary as worshipers depart at the end of the service
- Outside worship times- Offerings can be mailed or brought to the church location and given to any Steward or member of the Stewardship & Finance Board
Communion Hand Outs and Communion: Communion elements will be placed on each seat prior to service start times
Attendees will remain in place (in their pew) and partake in the communion service. No one will come to the pulpit area
Personal Space – Attendees to all church sponsored activities are discouraged from any physical touch (no hand shaking, hugs, etc.)
Exiting the Sanctuary:
- All doors will be opened to facilitate an orderly and safe departure of everyone in attendance. Please respect the instructions/ directions provided by the ushers
- Everyone must exit the building at the conclusion of service. No congregating in the hallways will be permitted.
- Our Facilities will be cleaned, and all surfaces sanitized after every worship service and use of the facility
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the building
- Youth will meet in classrooms on the second floor
- No more than 15 in Classrooms-1 and 2
- No more than 10 in Classroom-3 and Nursery
- No more than 20 in the library
*Parents must pick up their child(ren) downstairs near the multi-purpose room